Saturday, September 5, 2009

Wilton course 3 final cake!

On Tuesday I completed course 3 of the Wilton decorating class at Michaels. In this class we were to make a tiered cake. The design was our choice. I choose to make a wedding cake and because I do not need any more calories in my house I used dummies.

My wedding design was simple and classic. White fondant with hand rolled fondant pearls. Let me tell you those pearls took hours and hours to roll. Once rolled and dried I dusted them with silver luster dust. At the bottom of each tier I had fondant ribbon, you cant tell in the photo but the fondant ribbon was rolled with a embossed rolling pin that had flowers on it. As the topper I hand made fondant roses, these were light pink and white. I love how my cake turned out but I need more work on my roses to make them more realistic.

I also am attaching a picture of 2 fellow classmates, Chelsea and her cherry blossom cake, love it!! And Aylis with her cake, her cake had a dragon, wizard and mermaid. I really enjoyed all my classes and learned so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment