Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cheesecake Truffels.. YUMMY!!

I was looking for a new goodie for a picnic we are having on Labor day. I found on Bakerellas blog cheesecake pops. I do not have any pop sticks so they will be truffles.

I am also a lazy cook so I bought Pillsbury Cheesecake ready to use. You will also need graham cracker crumbs, and chocolate, I bought bakers semi sweet but that is only because they did not have dark chocolate.

I realized quickly that the cheesecake mix is too soft to dip so I added some graham cracker crumbs to stiffen us the mix a little bit.





After mixing in the crumbs you will need to put the bowl in the freezer for 5 or 10 minutes to let it harden a little. While it is in the freezer get a bowl of graham cracker crumbs ready and set aside.
Once mix is cold spoon balls of cheesecake mixture and roll it in the crumbs.






Put the balls back into the freezer to harden again. While they are in the freezer melt the chocolate. You can do this on the stove or in the microwave.


Bold
Cover balls in chocolate and place on parchment paper. I added sprinkles, chopped almonds, grated chocolate, graham cracker crumbs and coconut on top.




No comments:

Post a Comment