Thursday, September 10, 2009

Free Cakes for Kids Pinellas

A few weeks ago I started a local chapter of an organization called Free Cakes for Kids. Our goal is to provide cakes for kids who would otherwise not have one. I have a list of volunteers lined up and our first cake will be done at the end of the month for a teen pregnancy house. Our cake for October Chelsea is going to do.





One thing I was struggling to find was cake servers. Seems like a silly thing, but if you think about it some of these kids will be homeless or living in a homeless shelter their families will not have cake servers. I looked at Dollar Tree but they didn't carry them. I figured why not ask someone to donate them. I work next door to SweetBay in Tyrone, so I asked them. They said sure but would have to order some for me. I expected a hand full or so but instead they gave me a entire box. 144 of them!!





Please visit our website www.freecakesforkidspinellas.vpweb.com or the national website www.freecakesforkids.com

No comments:

Post a Comment