Friday, September 18, 2009

Sugarfree Softball cake..

My second cake of the week! This was a request from Ruby who plays softball at Whitecell with Jeff and many of our friends. She has started her own team this year and wanted something to kick off the season.


Ruby asked for a sugar free cake. I found a recipe on cake central. I have to say this was a tough cake for me. I had to make 5 batches of the recipe to get enough cake for the bowl. I am worried that because the cake was baked in a deep bowl and had to bake for over an hour to get the middle done the cake will be dry. I will be searching for other sugar free recipes.


The cake was vanilla with buttercream and raspberry filling. The laces are red fondant made with my new clay extruder :) and red fondant letters. Fiddlestix and D&R crane are the teams sponsors.




2 comments:

  1. Doug was wondering how you did the lettering...Love it so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all your cakes are cool. Like I said, I will refer business to you for the weddings & parties I DJ. Hope you will do the same too so we can share/grow our businesses. Tell your blogger friends too.

    ReplyDelete