Sunday, August 16, 2009

My first 2 tiered cakes- 2 in the same weekend!

I had the honor and privilege of making a cake for my moms 65th birthday celebration. I love my mommy and would do anything for her. Her party was luau themed. Her husband Allen stayed up all night to smoke meat for the party and we had plenty of sides. Her cake was buttercream with all fondant decorations. The bottom tier was Orange with vanilla filling and the top was Lemon with Key Lime filling (thanks Natalie). The cake was a huge hit and what's best is my mom loved it.


My sister and I also made 80 cookies for the centerpieces. This is not something I will be rushing to do again. We had a mass decorating day at my sisters house, this included, me, Missy, Jeff and Cassie with an assembly line of cookies and icing. The cookies with coconut flavored and were adorable but OH so time consuming.


I also made a baby shower cake for a co-workers niece. The request for this order was pink, butterflies and flowers. The butterflies were colorflowed with royal icing and I love how they turned out. The flowers were fondant. The cake per request was Vanilla with strawberry cream filling. I was told the mommy to be loved it. This was a very fun cake to make!
This was the topper for the cake!



This was a super busy weekend, I managed to get it all done... they looked great and I had a great time at my Moms party!


No comments:

Post a Comment