Sunday, October 25, 2009

Chinese cake...

I was asked by my cousin-in-law to make a free cakes for kids cake. This was for her sister who was recently laid off, her husband is also out of work and she was worried their son wouldnt have a cake. It was an honor to make this cake.


She told me his room is all in chinese themed and I decided to make a cake with that theme. The chinese symbols are make of royal icing and are therefore very fragile. I broke more than one it was the challenge of this cake. The wording on the top is Happy Birthday Tyler and then around the cake are the words strength, love, heart and peace.


It is chocolate with peanut butter filling, when calling his mother to ask about the filling, she informed me that he does not like chocolate cake.... UMMM when the cake was ordered by his Aunt she said chocolate... well chocolate is what he is getting but I will stop and get a vanilla cuppie for the birthday boy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment