Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Petite and Pink!

We have some awesome friends who decided to get married. We were hoping for a huge wedding to celebrate but they decided to go small and off to the court house they go. In talking with them I learned they were not going to have a wedding cake. That doesn't sound like a proper way to start a life together to this cake decorator!


THEY NEEDED A CAKE! RIGHT?

The bride is simple and elegant. So we decided on a quilted design with edible pearls. I have never done a quilted pattern before but I am up to most challenges. I am very pleased with the way the quilting turned out. I also for the first time used ganache under the fondant to give the cake a smooth finish. It was finished off with some homemade pink gumpaste roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment